Cylinder Pressure Measurement
catoolRT combines the high speed analysis provided by the open source catool software with the industry leading data acquisition hardware of National InstrumentsTM.
It provides a high power, yet low cost, method of cylinder pressure measurement and combustion analysis. catoolRT aims to provide this solution whilst maintaining any existing investment in data acquisition, charge amplifier or pressure transducer hardware.
Cylinder Pressure Analysis
- In use for over ten years with customers on all continents
- Proven in field - Pikes Peak, Arctic Circle, Sonoran Desert, Nardò Ring
- Cylinder pressure combustion analysis calculations in-line with AVL IndiComTM
- Encoderless crank angle sensor operation - no need for an expensive encoder or crank angle processor
- Works with OptrandTM, KistlerTM and AVLTM pressure sensors including spark plug pressure transducers
- CalSyncTM - Fully automatic, time aligned cyclic and crank angle combustion data in ETAS INCATM, ATI VISIONTM or Vector CANapeTM
- Works with cylinder deactivation and stop-start technologies
- Can be used without pressure transducers:
- OEM knock detection - replace "det cans" with proper filtered, windowed knock detection
- Coil, Injector and Camshaft analysis - reverse engineer "black box" PCM mapping
- Intake and exhaust pressure analysis
- Analyse existing data from AVL IndiCom, Kistler KiBox, TFX, etc.
- Acquire CANbus, voltage, thermocouple and digital data for each engine cycle
- Automatic TDC determination and 720 degree synchronisation
- Cycle-by-cycle monitoring to trigger warnings or alarms for automatic test cell shutdown
- Output cyclic data on CANbus using VectorTM, KvaserTM or PEAKTM hardware
- Works with wide range of National Instruments hardware including E/M/X-series, CompactDAQ and PXI
catoolRT is developed by an experienced engine calibration engineer to work on engine test bed, in-vehicle and for desktop analysis of existing data.
The analysis routines are optimised for real time analysis such that next cycle control and engine monitoring are possible. It's low cost and ease of
use brings cylinder pressure measurement into the reach of a wider user base.
Crankangle and Cyclic Analysis
Acquired data is easily exchanged with other software using AVL IFile, MATLAB®
MAT and CSV file formats.
Real time cylinder pressure analysis can be streamed at a cyclic basis on CANbus or XCP over Ethernet or CAN.
In-vehicle Cylinder Pressure Measurement
catoolRT works with a wide range of National Instruments data acquisition hardware working with your existing hardware investment. It can be used with systems already developed around DRIVVEN dCATTM
or Alma HEATITTM